The Elkington range of access covers includes the following general features:
- Recessed and solid cover options available.
- Extensive range of opening sizes and configurations are possible.
- Manufactured from 3mm gauge steel (6mm for D400 covers); Elkington covers are more rigid, strong and durable compared to alternative brands (2mm gauge steel and less).
- Available in ‘hot-dipped’ galvanised steel, high-quality stainless steel or high-grade aluminium.
- Access cover components are laser-cut and/or cold-formed to precise tolerances. Covers and associated frames are then jig-welded to ensure a precise fit.
- All covers are supplied with a solid base plate integral to the design of the cover.
- The covers are tapered in design to achieve quick, simple and practical removal from the frame.
- A single neoprene seal provides a water-tight cover under normal rainwater conditions. SEFAC covers are also available with double seal.
- Units are available with the option of additional concrete keys welded to the frame.
- All covers are supplied with T-Bar Lifting Keys and detailed Installation Instructions. Refer to Technical Section.
- Frames and covers have a plain edge detail for improved aesthetics. The use of 3mm (A15 – C250) and 6mm (D400) gauge steel provides added strength and rigidity to the edge.
- Multi-Span covers (and sometimes Duct covers) are supplied with a practical cross-beam system (with rigid I-Beam design profile), which provides structural integrity and can be easily removed to allow access to the total chamber area. The removable support beams are ribbed to provide added strength, to suit the specified loading.
- The removable beams used in Multi-Span units are supported within Beam Housing Boxes which are installed flush with the chamber side wall, leaving an unrestricted opening when the covers and support beams are removed.
A comprehensive product technical brochure is available.