Elkington works hard to ensure that both the product and customer service is of the highest quality:
- Access cover components are laser-cut (on an automated production line) to precise tolerances.
- High-grade steel is used in product manufacture; 3mm gauge with the specification S235 JRG2 in accordance with EN 10025 (available with Certificate 2.2 according to EN 10204). Steel gauge is 6mm for D400 access covers.
- Fabricated steel units are hot-dipped galvanised in accordance with EN ISO 1461.
- Cover types have been load tested in accordance with the European Standard EN 124 by recognised institutions.
- Stainless steel covers can be supplied in grades AISI 304, 316 and 316L according to project and environmental requirements.
- Covers are also available in high-grade AIMg3 aluminium.
Refer also to the Loading section.
A comprehensive Product Technical Brochure is available.